May 31, 2022
Hello again friends!
It's been a couple of months since we last checked in with an update of what we've been working on so here we are with a glimpse into what we've been cooking up the past several weeks at CareerBeacon
1) Cost of Living Calculator: We launched a Cost of Living Calculator to help jobseekers compare salaries to the cost of living in cities across Canada.
Here's a video showing how it works:
2) New Blog Alert: We launched an all new blog and blog design. With the changes that have been happening here at CareerBeacon over the past few months, we wanted to update the way we visually tell our brand story through our blog. So with the help of our design, marketing and development teams, we put together something that we believe shows a little more of who we are and what we value.
3) Homepage Update: We've given the CareerBeacon homepage a facelift. Since January, we've released a handful of new products to help jobseekers with their career planning and we wanted to make sure that they were getting in front of jobseekers on our homepage. We decided to update the homepage with the tools included as well as a few other new features like "Popular searches".
Here's a video to show you what's new:
4) Showing applicants in the Employer Dashboard: Prior to our recent release, employers would have to click into a menu to see who's applied to open roles. Now, we include that information directly in the jobs dashboard to make sure that applicant info is always and easily accessible.
Here's what it looks like:
5) Job inventory: We've added thousands of jobs to CareerBeacon
6) Website accessibility: We've made some styling tweaks to the overall appearance of CareerBeacon to make sure that we're always in compliance with web accessibility standards.
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback by sending a note to [email protected]
Mar 31, 2022
It’s time for another update to let the world know what we’ve been up to over the past couple of weeks and although we say it every time, it truly has been a busy two weeks while we prepared a big update to the core of CareerBeacon.
Here are some of the highlights of this release
Job Posting Design and UX: After quite some time with the way CareerBeacon job postings look, we decided it was time to change the job posting experience altogether.
A few highlights of the new design include:
- New overall look: We’ve worked hard to preserve the core features of CareerBeacon job postings but have organized the content in a more jobseeker-friendly way with a clear hierarchy of content and visual design.
- New category tags: Jobs on CareerBeacon are usually associated with a category (or multiple categories). In the past, these categories haven’t been utilized as much as they could have been within job postings. With this release, we are now displaying the categories in-line with the job posting to give jobseekers a new way to discover related job postings. You’ll now see categories in the job posting, above the job posting itself, in hashtag form.
- New location for search: Prior to this release, the job search bar was placed in the main section of the page with the job posting content. In this release, we’ve repositioned it in the top navigation of the site. The reason for this is that once a jobseeker has indicated that they are interested in a job and click to view it, we want to remove distractions and allow them to engage with the posting as quickly as possible.
New Job Posting Credit Options: When purchasing Job Posting Credits from the dashboard in the past, employers were limited to a maximum of 5 credits. That amount has now been increased to 10 Job Posting Credits in order to reduce the friction of purchasing the credits needed.
Checkout Design: In the past, when creating a job posting and selecting what kind of job posting to create, it was a little unclear as to the major differences between the tiers of job postings. In this release, we’ve updated the design and copy to make the differences much clearer.
Job Posting FAQ: From time-to-time, we receive questions about our job postings ranging from the different types of job postings available to the benefits of our Featured Job Postings and the process of publishing jobs on CareerBeacon. In this release, we’ve added an FAQ to our Employers page to address some of the most frequently asked questions.
Increased Job Inventory: Also a major part of this release: we have added thousands of new jobs in new areas across Canada.
Mar 16, 2022
It's been a very busy two months since our last update and we've been hard at work improving the CareerBeacon experience for both Employers and Job Seekers. Aside from a handful of backend and performance upgrades to the overall site, here are a few things that we've added with this release:
Featured Jobs Design: We've completely overhauled the way we display Featured Job Postings in CareerBeacon search results to maximize the visibility and effectiveness of Featured Job Postings.
Featured Jobs Availability: In addition to changing the way we display Featured Jobs, we've also increased the total number of Featured Jobs shown in the search results from 3 Featured Jobs to 5 Featured Jobs, as shown in the video above.
Employer Job Count: For both Featured Job Postings as well as Spotlight Job Postings in the search results, we now display the total number of jobs available with each employer.
Advanced Email Notifier: We've introduced an Advanced Email Notifier for users to subscribe to Advanced Job Search criteria and have matching jobs delivered to their inbox daily, while giving them an idea of how many jobs match their Advanced Email Notifier criteria.
Salary Information: For jobs on CareerBeacon that have a salary included, we now display the salary along with the job listing in search results for job seekers to see.
This is important for two reasons. Firstly, it's one of the first things job seekers expect from job postings. Secondly, by including salary information in a job posting, employers can receive up to 30% more applicants.
Demographic Page City Search: In our last release, we announced our Local Demographic Information pages and in this release, we've added the ability to search for specific cities within the main Local Demographic Information page.
CareerBeacon Search: We improved the search on CareerBeacon to make sure that users are getting the most relevant results possible, even if some words are misspelled in the search.
SEO Improvements: We've made a long list of SEO improvements to ensure that CareerBeacon and its jobs are appearing in related search results.
Jan 13, 2022
Our first of many updates in 2022!
We're excited to roll out the first series of improvements and new features since acquiring CareerBeacon. So here goes:
- We improved the accuracy and relevancy of the search algorithm.
- Added an "Advanced Search" feature (under the Search button), which allows you to drill deeper into your search results.
- Income Tax Calculator (Canada-only): To help you better understand how mandatory deductions impact your salary.
- Location demographic details (Canada-only): Get a better understanding of the demographic details of any locations in Canada including, language details, average household income, house pricing, commute times, and more.
- Minimum Wage Breakdown (Canada-only): Keep up-to-date on the latest minimum wage rate for each Province.
- Salary Converter: So you can calculate your annual earnings; or see your hourly, weekly, and monthly earnings.
- For users of Employer Services, you can now safely save your Credit Card details directly in your account so that your next job posting will take even less time!